Human Rights Defenders in Latin America: The effects of the Covid -19 and the EU Strategy
Time & Location
About the Event
This event aims to give visibility in Europe to human rights defenders in Latin America, who continue to suffer alarming human rights violations. The panelists will introduce us to the situation in their respective countries, while an MEP from the European Parliament will offer an analysis on the action of the EU and its crucial role in the matter. In addition, our director Professor Clara Burbano Herrera will inform on the existing legal protection mechanisms.
The event is organised by the International Network of Human Rights -Europe- (RIDHE)
- Alicia Homs Ginel, Member of the European Parliament, MEP of the S&D Group, Member of DLAT and DCAM
- Clara Burbano-Herrera, Professor and Director Programme for Studies on Human Rights in Context, Ghent University, Belgium
- César Santoyo Santos, Executive Director of the Colectivo Orlando Fals Borda, Colombia.
- Wendy Flores, Coordinator of Colectivo de Derechos Humanos Nicaragua Nunca +, Nicaragua.
- Marusia López, member of the Red Nacional de Defensoras de DDHH, México.
- Elektra Lagos Koetsenruijter, Director Red Internacional de Derechos Humanos -Europa-.
June 30th, 17h (Brussels) - 10h (Colombia) - 9h (Nicaragua) - 10h (Mexico-CDMX)
* The event will be held in Spanish